May 30, 2024

another new one for Bergen: Red-backed Shrike

 There was reported a fine male Red-backed Shrike at Tausamyrene, Gullfjellet in Bergen on Tuesday by Walter Lemme. I tried it this morning (had to hire a car, because Anne needs it for a week in Sweden😏). To my astonishment, I found a female before I saw the male (a pair!!). I was joined by Frode Falkenberg shortly after. Together we watched the birds for a while. Unfotunately the battery of my camera was dead before they came closer (the other one not with me…).

The birds seemed stable in the area and the area seems good for a breeding pair. Let's hope they stay and succeed in breeding and raising young! Anyhow, bird species nr 195 for my Bergen List😊

male Red-backed Shrike

male and female together (photo Frode Falkenberg)


No comments:

Post a Comment