Oct 23, 2019

Ring-necked Duck

On Sunday a male Ring-necked Duck was found by Bjornard Skjold on Husvatnet, Tjeldstø. I didn't have a possibility on Sunday and the following days it wasn't reported. However, today Julian Bell saw the bird again. So I took a shot. Still present, albeit a few minutes after I arrived. Luck!
New bird for Hordaland for me and only my second in Norway. Finally I saw something rare too this autumn after many trips on Herdlevær and Turøy...

record shot of immature (second calander-year) Ring-necked Duck

I have also visited hy homeland some weeks ago for a short period and did some birding with my brother, not finding anything big, but saw three Firecrests and five Long-eared Owls, both not common in Norway.


Long-eared Owl. photo's by Sybrand de Bruin





No comments:

Post a Comment