Oct 17, 2022

a week in the Netherlands

 I spent a week on the wadden island of Schiermonnikoog with my family. Lots of birding. Best bird was found by my brother Sybrand at the Eemshaven (not on the island...). A fantastic Arctic Warbler. I saw it on the last day og our holliday. It was easily found, because it called in the early morning. It showed itself quite good every now and then...

Further on the island lots of birds: Grey Wagtails, Firecrests and one or three Yellow-browed Warblers among my favorites. Saw some Shore Larks on the beach and two Caspian Gulls being nice also. Best birds on the island however were a (distant) Black-winged Kite and a Blyth's Reed Warbler...



nice Arctic Warbler

🎤 Arctic Warbler


Great Egret

Black-headed Gull

Sanderling

Northern Shoveler

🎤 Barnacle Goose

🎤  Western Jackdaw

🎤 Long-tailed Tit

🎤 Dunnock

🎤 Grey Wagtail

No comments:

Post a Comment