Oct 13, 2011

Hernar

Hernar is a very small isolated island with great potential. Crag Martin and Greenish Warbler have been seen, among others.
So, today, the 13th of october, mother of all days, I went to Hernar with lots of good birds on my mind. The weather was very beautiful: sunny with weak variable winds... may be too beautiful...most birds in the air!
But, I had a good deal of nice species: one flyby Richard's Pipit, two frequently calling Water Rails, flyby Lapland Bunting, Peregrine, four Common Chiffchaffs, Blackcap, five Wrens (I love them), two Reed Buntings, one Bullfinch and a small group of Common Crossbills. Lots of thrushes and Bramblings.
An hour or two seawatching produced two immature Black-legged Kittiwakes heading south, two Great Northern Divers, five Atlantic Puffins, small numbers of Northern Gannet and the usual ducks.
Next time I want bad weather with all the birds on the ground...

Eurasian Starling

my favourite cave-dweller



No comments:

Post a Comment